Farmers Insurance Technical Systems Analyst in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Technical Systems Analyst in IT Application Transformation is responsible for a key role in the delivery of multiple programs / portfolios / releases in terms of requirements review, analysis, and design within Personal Lines IT (PLA). The successful candidate for this position should be able to provide leadership across multiple business systems, prioritizing project work, and ensuring delivery excellence while maintaining and creating high quality and cost effective IT applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the analysis and design of complex applications operating in an architecture of large Mainframe and Distributed systems infrastructures for Personal Insurance Lines (Auto, Home, Umbrella).
- Responsible for the construction and delivery of project deliverables that document the design of business requirements into existing or new applications.
- Specifies, recommends and reviews criteria for integration, system and regression testing.
- Influences and provides input to project planning activities.
- Works with project, release and resource managers to coordinate/collaborate with resources across several delivery areas.
- Solves unique and complex problems in software design with broad impact on the business processes.
- Influences senior leadership to explore innovation, adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches that improve product quality and speed to market with optimal management of budget.
- Proven ability to propose, design, develop and implement initiatives successfully from the strategic planning phase through execution and post-implementation.
- Coordinates efforts with other groups to successfully deliver to expectations and timeline.
- Supports implementation activities, troubleshooting of application errors and system environmental issues.
Coach and develop next level team members.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
Level II: 4 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 2 year as an Application SME Level I.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
Strong background in applications development methodologies (Agile and Waterfall) and SDLC standards and practices.
- Understanding of global delivery models and experience in managing vendor SLAs.
- Understanding of Property & Casualty insurance domain expertise desired.
- Understanding of architectures and systems for both large Mainframe and Distributed environments.
- Solid technical skills and background as needed to support the oversight of design, development and management of complex multi-platform applications.
- Experience in planning, designing, delivering & coordinating efforts of large complex programs.
- Experience in working with industry best practices, processes, and tools to achieve organizational success.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills demonstrated through successfully operating in large and complex change initiatives.
Proven ability to operate in a matrix environment and partner with IT and business area representatives in supporting development and testing activities.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Technical Systems Analyst
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 180003XE