Ross Stores, Inc. Associate Investigative Risk and Fraud Analyst in Dublin, California
The Associate Investigative Analyst is part of the Loss Prevention Ross Investigations and Safety Center (RISC). The RISC is an Investigative and Safety command center which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week within a flexible business model to help support investigations, execute travel monitoring, law enforcement requests, and detailed analysis for shortage trends.RISC serves as the corporate command center and liaison for corporate and Ross facilities during crisis events.
The Associate Investigative Analyst is responsible for protecting the company’s assets from internal theft by utilizing investigative resources and related technologies to identify potential cash and merchandise loss in all assigned locations and assist with driving investigations to conclusion.
Minimizing Operational Shortage
- Establish, understand and respond to shortage processes by performing basic analytics
- Support corporate and field business partners on shortage analysis such as conducting Root Cause Analysis research
- Perform remote monitoring observations (i.e. virtual services) to support and drive a shortage awareness culture
Mitigating Theft & Fraud
- Partner with peers, business partners, and/or supervisor to identify and run ad hoc reports using multiple reporting systems to generate case leads and identify new types of dishonest activity as directed by RISC leadership
- Support field LP team partners with theft and fraud risk analysis information
- Utilize new/existing theft and fraud tools to effectively address potential risk or fraud
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Communicate crisis incidents to the appropriate audience, including obtaining prior approval from RISC leadership on select incidents
- Effectively execute the Crisis Management Program by compiling and providing intelligence from remote monitoring, technology and media sources timely and accurately
- Communicate CCTV fidelity and functionality to ensure resolution
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with field and corporate LP partners to identify, investigate, and resolve all potential theft and operational loss in a timely manner
- Support training efforts for the LP organization on utilization of new reports and techniques to identify and address potential losses to the company
Perform other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Learning on the Fly
Composure QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
BA degree or greater is desired, preferably in Criminal Justice, Finance, or Business
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Proficiency in and knowledge of computer software including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Self-motivated individual who can be successful in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented
Maintains confidentiality concerning all information and projects PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Frequent computer work required (up to 8 hours), involving repetitive arm/hand motions from keyboarding
- Must be able to work within a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position.It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities.Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.